Insurance is Your Financial Protection
Insurance is designed to protect a person and the family from disasters and financial burdens. There are many kinds of insurance of which, the basic and most important is considered to be life insurance. It provides the necessary financial supports for the dependants after your death.
Since there are certain financial commitments you need to meet throughout life and do contribute in some way to the family income, you need to provide something to secure the home, help the family meet expenses for a while, protect dependant parents, or secure the children or spouse.
Financial obligations could include funeral expenses, unsettled medical bills, mortgages, business commitments, meeting the college expenses of the children, and so on.
How Much Insurance You Need ?
How much insurance a person needs would vary, depending on lifestyle, financial needs and sources of income, debts, and the number of dependants? An insurance adviser or agent would recommend that you take insurance that amounts to five to ten times your annual income. It is best to sit down with an expert and go through the reasons why you should consider insurance and what kind of insurance planning would benefit you.
As an important part of your financial plan insurance provides peace of mind for any uncertainties in life.
1. Life insurance correctly planned will on premature death provide funds to deal with monies due, mortgages, and living expenses. It offers protection to the family you leave behind and serves as a cash resource.
2. It secures your hard earned estate on death by providing tax free cash which can be utilised to pay estate and death duties and to tide over business and personal expenses.
3. Life insurance can have a savings or pension component that provides for you during retirement.
4. Some policies have riders like coverage of critical illness or term insurance for the children or spouse. There are certain rules regarding eligibility for riders which you will need to determine clearly.
5. Having a valid insurance policy is considered as financial assets which improves your credit rating when you need health insurance or a home loan or business loan.
6. In case of bankruptcy, the cash value as well as death benefits of an insurance policy is exempt from creditors.
7. Life insurance can be planned such that it will cover even your funeral expenses.
8. Term life insurance has double benefits, it protects and you can get your money back during strategic points in your life.
9. Insurance protects your business from financial loss or any liabilities in case a business partner dies.
10. It can contribute towards maintaining a family’s life style when one contributing partner suddenly dies.
Insurance is vital to good financial planning and security but you would need to assess your personal risk and long term commitments. Insurance stands a person in good stead throughout life and can be used in case of emergencies during a life time by requesting a withdrawal or loan.
Be Prepared For Any Eventuality
As you know, everything in life is uncertain that people should prepare for any eventuality. In fact, the only things certain in life are taxes and death. One or both of these things are bound to happen at some point in a person’s life. While taxes will always be present in every society, death can come like a thief in the night.
Sickness and death are frightening as it is. They become all the more frightening when a person has not prepared for such an eventuality. This is the reason why every person should get a life insurance.
People should always plan their finances and getting a life insurance is one way of planning their finances. Getting a life insurance is just like saving up for the future because there are life insurance policies that provide for a cash value in the event that the insurance is not used up by the person insured. Under this provision, the insured can withdraw or borrow from his insurance policy. It also means preparing for the future of the people you love in case something happens to you.
A life insurance can come a long way in helping dependents who experience the death of a loved one. When the bread winner dies, these dependents have no one to turn to but if the bread winner has a life insurance, then he is assured that he will leave his dependents with something to hang on until such time when they are already capable of fending for themselves.
Any person who has an income should get a life insurance not only to serve as a lifeline for their dependents. A life insurance can also take of the death-related expenses of the deceased including expenses for the funeral and even for probate of his will.
Some people are not as lucky as others and they will not be able to leave mansions and lands to their dependents. With a life insurance policy, a parent can now leave even a merger inheritance to his dependents or beneficiaries.
Life Insurance is A Gift Of Love
Getting a life insurance policy is very important especially for people who have dependents, particularly very young children who are not yet able to work and fend for themselves. The amount of life insurance a person should get should be based on the number of dependents he has and also on his paying capacity.
A person interested in getting a life insurance policy can choose from several kinds of insurance—the term insurance and the whole life insurance are examples. A term insurance is paid out by the insurer after the death of the insured. A whole life insurance is much more complicated and involves a lot of provisions and benefits.
No matter what kind of insurance you want to get, every person should look at the possibility of getting a life insurance. This will assure them that their loved ones would be taken care of in the event that they are no longer there to support them.